Compile visual studio web sln ref 64bit assembly

Aug 19, 2010 at 6:44 PM
All, I have a 64 bit assembly which is referenced by my web site. I am trying to compile my website using Visual Studio 2008 and it keeps throwing an error "An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format" indicating that the 32bit platform (Cassini) is trying to load a 64 bit assembly. I was under the impression if i do download the CassiniDev WebDev.WebServer and use that instead of the the default in C:\Program FIles\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DevServer\9.0\ i should then be able to build just fine. That is however now the case. i still receive the compile time error even when i use the CassiniDev WebDev.WebServer. Am i misinformed here or have to do something else to get my website to compile correctly. Note: I have no issue running the website via IIS7 but would like to debug the website for obvious reasons. Please let me know.....
Coordinator
Sep 6, 2010 at 4:55 PM

If you need to debug x64, simply pull the source and set the plaform to x64 before you compile. Another user has done just this with good results.

The binaries and default build configuration force x86 to provide consistency with the stock servers but this is not a restriction. Let me know how it works out for you.