Feature Request: Site Templates

Oct 19, 2010 at 1:26 PM

Hi,

Thanks for a such a wonderful tool(really useful to debug when woking with Sharpdevelop).

Have a suggestion for a small feature.

If we had a facility to save the sites that are configured using the tool on a regular basis as templates we can avoid typing in/selecting the same physical path, host name, port over and over when ever the tool is restarted.

Thanks,

Cybernate

Coordinator
Oct 19, 2010 at 3:31 PM

I am happy to consider adding features but a little more information is required.

Which form factor are you using with SharpDevelop? i.e. gui, console or lib?

Also, how would you envision invocation of this feature?

Please elaborate.

Oct 21, 2010 at 7:47 PM
Edited Oct 21, 2010 at 7:56 PM

I am using the GUI form.

Details on the feature I am requesting are as below:

1. A drop down list can be added on top of the Physical Path label.
  2. When the GUI mode is opened data could be read from a config file/xml file/ini file which contains elements with pre configured/saved Site Configurations(which basically contain information on the Physical Path, Virtual Path, Host Name etc information per configuration) for a user and populates the drop down list.
  3. User will be now having a choice of selecting pre configured sites(which would then populate all the fields in the window beneath the drop down) or manually enter the informatino for any new site.

If my explanation is not clear, I have created a diagram depicting what I am talking about. Am unable to attach it to this post.

Please let me know when can I post that diagram.

Thanks